Reports To: Chief Engineer
Engineer Position Summary
The Engineer assists as a part of the Engineering team to maintain the entire hotel facility, including physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs adhere to hotel specifications and standards in repairing, servicing, inspecting, testing, and maintenance of furniture, fixtures, equipment (FF&E) and facilities.
- The Engineer ensures the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
- HVAC background and certification required.
- The Engineer conducts daily walk-through and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance of physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C and all other hotel systems and related equipment.
- Replace non-operating TV's and phones in the hotel rooms and other equipment as necessary
- Replace AC/heating filters in the guest rooms, hotel offices, etc.
- Replace light bulbs throughout the facility
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance and cleaning programs
- Notify supervisor on duty in the event of equipment or system failure
- Repair minor plumbing or other system problems as requested
- Deliver or pick up various parts, machinery, etc.
- Diagnose lock problems and repair/replace the unit if directed to do so by the Director of Engineering
- Observe O.S.H.A. health and safety rules and regulations
- Ensure that all work is done is in accordance with jurisdictional codes as well as manufacturer's recommendations
- Report and act upon any unsafe acts, conditions and injuries promptly
- Assist with fire safety, first aid, C.P.R. and emergency preparedness classes
- Adhere at all times to the highest standards of professional, personal, and ethical conduct, as well as, policies, procedures and property rules
- Assist with the development and implementation of various emergency response procedures and training as required to meet all applicable state and federal laws
- Assist in helping with guest concerns and complaints